Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Happy birthday to me and happy dedication to Elsie!

Saturday was my birthday, and Mike and the girls treated me to a very nice weekend! We went to an airplane show on Saturday morning (Sophie wore her "future pilot" shirt!) She loved to look at the airplanes, almost as much as her daddy!




On Friday night, while I was out at dinner with some girls from Sunday School and Sophie was in the nursery at church, Mike and Elsie made me a cake!! It had 3 layers and everything! Sophie helped Mike with the decorating!





What beautiful layers! I think Mike has found his new calling!


This was taken after the baby dedication service.





Sophie loves the new sleep mat that Grandma made her to take to school on Thursdays! (We enrolled Sophie in a "mother's day out" program at church. I figured that it was just going to be like day care, but they teach the kids things like colors and letters, so we call it school. Although I think Sophie is way to little to be in school yet!). Sophie is very excited to take her new sleep mat to school this week!

5 comments:

Aeronautical Athlete said...

Cute Cute! Glad you had a good birthday Susie!!! I still think you're so old!!! lol!!!

Good to see Elsie's face!!! Can't tell which of you she looks like!

Sophie good job on mama's cake!!! Lovely!!!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures! I love your family picture! God has blessed you with two darling daughters! Happy Birthday again, Susie! Love, Grammy

lizcannon said...

i can't believe that is your little family! when I met you, y'all were two young vibrant puzzle loving, mini-van-less, normal adults. now, you can't do puzzles anymore, have a mini-van, and well, that's pretty much all you can do :). Congrats to Elsie, beautiful cake mike!

mark and lori said...

What a beautiful family!! I still would like to know how both of you are so old?? But, you look great and we are so proud of all of you! Looks like a really good cake, Mike you and Sophie did a great job! And what a sweet little Elsie-wish we could be there to help you hold her! We love you!

Kevin and Kristen said...

We never said Congrats on your new little girl. She is so pretty! I bet your little girl is excited to have a sister to take care of. Megan sure is. Hope things are going well with your adorable new addition!
-Kristen and Kevin