Saturday, October 10, 2009

Fishing with Sophie!

I finally took Sophie fishing this afternoon before Susanne went to work. I got her a Disney Princess fishing pole earlier in the week, and it must attract the fish because she caught two fish all by herself! Of course, I had to put the worm on the hook, so I think we all really know who caught the fish.

She was so excited in the car ride over to the fishing pond.

This was the first fish that she caught. On the whole drive over, she kept saying that she only wanted to catch a little fish. I wasn't worried until we got to the parking lot because people had been catching 3-5 lb catfish all day. I don't know if the Disney fishing pole can handle a fish that big! And I didn't want to scare her with a trophy-sized fish; the kind that I usually catch.



Here is her second fish. She was almost more interested in the worms than the fish. Now I have a great excuse to go fishing!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Sophie is fishing already! What a gal! I can see she really has her Grammy's and great'grammy's luck and skill! Thank you Mike for passing along the joy and tradition to my sweet granddaughter! Love, Grammy

Lynn and Jim said...

Yeah Sophie! You go girl! :)

Unknown said...

So cute!!! We CAN'T WAIT to take Kate fishing! We've wondered what age is best, looks like Sophie's age works great!

Aeronautical Athlete said...

I've missed so much!! And Elsie with pigtails, oh my goodness!!!

Love you!!!