Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Be prepared...LOTS of pictures and videos!

Isn't this a cute way to start this posting? I agree!

My friend Lynn and I met each other when we were both pregnant with our little girls. I'm so glad that we have become such great friends! Anyway, Elsie and Emma were born 12 days apart, and we were finally able to get together for a joint 1st birthday party for the girls (I know, it was a little late, but better than never!)

The mommies and their kids (we forgot to take one with the daddies. Sorry, Mike and Jim!)


Getting a little help from big sister and big brother!

Elsie in cake coma...again!



Elsie has been taking a few steps on her own!!! She gets so excited!!



Sophie and Evan...how cute!

Our new house is moving along. They just started laying the brick! We can't wait for it to be finished!




My mom flew out for a visit last weekend. We had to make sure to take a trip to the zoo, since it's one of Sophie and Grandma's favorite places!

Yes, my daughter has her finger up her nose again. Not quite sure how to break her of this habit!

So cute in their matching dresses. Thanks, Grammy!


Go Uncle Reed!!!! Maybe Elsie is a future Redskins cheerleader (although she'll have to wear considerably more clothing if her father is going to approve!) We went to Buffalo Wild Wings after church to cheer on Uncle Reed!


This is what we in the Rabus household call "shirt hair."

Thanks for visiting, Grandma! We had so much fun!


Sophie, always a daddy's girl, has taken up her father's love of fishing. They go outside to practice casting and reeling (are those the right terms?) Now Sophie bugs me all day with questions of "when are we going fishing?" and "where is the fishing pool?" (that's what she calls a fishing pole).




Elsie is getting really good at walking next to us while holding our hand! Now we just need to work with her on walking all by herself! She's getting so big!



Elsie has started rubbing her food in her hair during meal times. It makes for a cute picture but also a sticky baby!

Sophie and her "besties," Emma and Hannah



Hmmmm....maybe we'll wait until Sophie is 18 before we let her get her driver's license.


Mike threw me the most fabulous suprise birthday party for my 28th birthday (ok, it was my 30th, but I'm still in denial!)




The abbreviated version of the tiny turtle song!

Elsie's favorite word is "no," as you'll see from this video!

Last one....Elsie walking!! She was a little distracted at first by Sophie's guitar playing (such beautiful background music!)

1 comment:

Craig and Laura said...

It's about time some pictures are posted! I can't believe Elsie is already starting to walk! I love all the pictures and videos. I miss you guys!

Aunt Laura