Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sophie's new glasses

Well, I've been praying that the girls would get Mike's perfect eyes, but God has other plans for Sophie (I'll keep praying for Elsie!!) We were told at an eye doctor appointment 6 months ago that Sophie is farsighted, but that her right eye is twice as farsighted as her left one. The doctor wanted to see her every 6 months, so I brought her back a couple of weeks ago. We had been a little concerned because it seemed like every now and then, Sophie's right eye would go a little cross-eyed, especially when focusing on something close up. The doctor said that it is inevitable that Sophie will need glasses, so she recommended that we get them now so that she can ease into wearing them. We agreed, especially after the doctor warned that without correction, Sophie could develop a lazy right eye. So, Sophie got her first pair of glasses yesterday!!! They are pink with a little heart on each side, and she looks just beautiful in them! We were worried about how we were going to get her to keep them on, but she's surprised us so far by wearing them most of yesterday afternoon and today! Hopefully that lasts. The other challenge is going to be keeping them away from Elsie!!!!!



Speaking of Elsie....she's found several hiding places in our new house!




We babysat Hannah and Gehrig for a couple of days last week...it was fun but busy having 4 kids in the house instead of just 2!





Our 2 pig-tailed girls!!

6 comments:

Laura said...

Her glasses are adorable!! And Elsie is starting to look so grown up. :)

Lynn and Jim said...

Elsie looks so cute in pig tails!

mark and lori said...

We LOVE the new glasses, Sophie!! You look so cute, and so much like a little lady! We can't wait to see you all, but we are trying not to be so sad that Mike can't come. We love you all!

Chris and Kim said...

I love the glasses- they are sooo cute Sophie!
You'll have to get Elsie her own pair!

Anonymous said...

You are so pretty Sophie! I really like your glasses. I'm sure they will help you see better. I know your silly little sister likes glasses as she's grabbed mine several times. Stay warm in your house on this cold winter day! I love you, Grammy

lizcannon said...

oh my gosh, she is the cutest little glasses wearing kid i know!!!! i hope her eyes even out, but just know, in like 10 years she can probably get eye implants for something.