Saturday, July 18, 2009

Finally going camping!

I was finally able to convince Susanne to go camping with the girls on Friday night! We went to Roman Nose State Park, near Watonga, OK. It is named after somebody with a Roman nose. The weather was perfect!

I can't believe that we were only gone one night, yet we filled up the entire mini-van with the essentials.

I have heard that the first hour of a camping trip with children is the hardest part. The girls did very good, mostly because Elsie enjoys being naked.


Sophie put the tent up all by herself.


Elsie was really sad that there isn't a NASCAR race this weekend. This is how she spent her time while Sophie and I went swimming.


After we set up camp, Sophie and I went to the swimming pool and tried out her new PuddleJumper lifevest.


Elsie is more interested in starting fires than Sophie.










Her first smore!


Elsie has a new love for marshmallows.


She'll even eat them out of your mouth!




Sophie is a great power-hiker.







6 comments:

Aeronautical Athlete said...

I personally enjoy the marshmallow photos and Sophie super power hiking.....she looks like a little athlete!! Doesn't surprise me being Mike's daughter etc...

Glad you had a good time...The lucky person that has a campground area named Roman nose.....LOL

Lynn and Jim said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! The girls are soo cute together.

Laura said...

You guys are so adventurous!! What on earth did you do with Elsie at night? Put a pack n play in a separate tent?? That kiss video is too precious, and I'm still laughing at Elsie and the marshmallows!

mark and lori said...

What a fun camping trip! There was grass at the camp site?? Was the area named after Wyatt and abel? Can't wait to see you girls!! (sorry, Mikey).

Craig and Laura said...

What a fun camping trip! Sophie and Elsie are so sweet to each other. We miss you and love you!

Aunt Laura

lizcannon27 said...

okay, first off, you had a table cloth? what in the world. and i love sophies sunglasses, they are jetson like :). you are such a cute little family. come camping in CO!