Thursday, June 21, 2007

We're headed to Michigan!

My dad's side of the family all live in Michigan, and my dad has fond memories of summers on Lake Michigan as a kid. So, he and my mom rented a cottage for a week that is right on the lake, and we leave tomorrow for a week long vacation at the beach! Katie, Reed and Micah are driving out from Virginia, and we're trying to talk my Grandma and Uncle Dave into staying at the cottage with us! It is going to be a great time of relaxing, maybe some sailing, and hanging out with family! Be looking for some cute pictures of Sophie and her cousin, Micah!


Sophie and I started packing yesterday. She got some new Beauty and Beast sunglasses for the trip and couldn't wait to start wearing them (Mike isn't too sure about them....he thinks she looks like Elton John. That can't be a good thing!)






Sophie also got to try some finger food for the first time. She is sampling some Gerber Graduates Sweet Potato Puffs. As you can see from the picture below, she wasn't too sure about it at first.



If you zoom in on this picture (above), you can see the little treat in the corner of her mouth!





3 comments:

Aeronautical Athlete said...

Oh my goodness that child is CUTE CUTE AND YES CUTE!!!

SMooch! Um, yes, I concur with Mike about the glasses but indeed it's adorable!!!

I CAN'T WAIT to see you guys...I hope our schedules work out!!!

Have a super time in Michigan with the family!! Sophie's first real big vacation!! Woop! Woop!

-Amy

lizcannon said...

Oh man! I love that baby! Did she end up liking the food? I think ou could give her a steak next! She could chew it! Good luck flying! Did you already pack her bikini? I love you, talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

Little Sophie,
You are sooo cute. I think you look BEAUTYful in your new sunglasses! Have a fun vacation. I miss you soooo much. Grammy